Wicked Potato SaladInstagram #txbut065
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup high dollar blue cheese dressing. Ranch works too.
- 2.5 pounds of potatoes. Normally it’s 3 reg. bakers.
- 4 boiled eggs. I do number of potatoes + 1
- 4 slices thick cooked bacon cut in 1 inch pieces.
- ¼ cup fine chopped purple onions
- ½ cup cubed cucumber. ½ of one
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves fine chopped and or smashed
- Dash of salt-n-pepper
- See → https://texasbutter.com/fried-oysters-bacon-wrapped-smoked-ribs/
- Get a pot of room temp water on stove big enough to house your taters and eggs.
- Peel, clean, and cut potatoes into about 2 inch hunks.
- Add potatoes and egg to room temp water. Eggs on top.
- Turn heat on high. Doing heat this way will keep eggs from splitting when boiling.
- When boiling starts set timer for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl mix up purple onions, cucumber, garlic, vinegar, salt, and pepper. If you can do this a day ahead of time it’s a lil better.
- At 10 minutes push fork in a potato. If it goes in easy they’re ready.
- Strain the potatoes and eggs.
- Put potatoes back in pot and leave eggs under running cool water in sink.
- When eggs are cool peeled throw in with potatoes.
- Add , mayonnaise, dressing, and bacon.
- Strain ¼ cup of the cucumber mixture and add to pot.
- With a potato masher mash everything together but leaving lumpy.
- Roll the potato salad with a spoon in pot to make sure it’s all incorporated.
- Great on day one better on day two.
- Splash of hot sauce is up to you!
About The Recipes:
Hay yall! Don’t be afraid to adjust ingredients to your taste. None of these recipes came from a written measured recipe. They are made and noted on the fly. If you don't have any Texas Butter I guess we'll overlook it if you use what's in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much. Well, in general I can't spell worth a crap. Will hashtag recipes that match a search here and the same hashtag in the Instagram's image comments. Hashtags will look something like #txbut001. In a nut shell these are made for:
- Product testing
- Requested site feature
- Speed and cost matter
- We eat our own dog food
- Ideas for products
- Shawn gots hungry
- Couple three birds, one stone...
Thanks - Shawn