Wicked Potato Salad
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup blue cheese dressing (Ranch works too.)
- 2.5 lb potatoes
- 8 oz eggs (='s 4 boiled )
- 4 oz bacon (thick cooked, cut in 1 inch pieces.)
- ¼ cup onion (fine chopped purple, red, yellow )
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp garlic (='s 2 cloves fine chopped and or smashed)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Get a pot of room temp water on stove big enough to house your taters and eggs.
- Peel, clean, and cut potatoes into about 2 inch hunks.
- Add potatoes and egg to room temp water. Eggs on top.
- Turn heat on high. Doing heat this way will keep eggs from splitting when boiling.
- When boiling starts set timer for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl mix up purple onions, cucumber, garlic, vinegar, salt, and pepper. If you can do this a day ahead of time it’s a lil better.
- At 10 minutes push fork in a potato. If it goes in easy they’re ready.
- Strain the potatoes and eggs.
- Put potatoes back in pot and leave eggs under running cool water in sink.
- When eggs are cool peeled throw in with potatoes.
- Add , mayonnaise, dressing, and bacon.
- Strain ¼ cup of the cucumber mixture and add to pot.
- With a potato masher mash everything together but leaving lumpy.
- Roll the potato salad with a spoon in pot to make sure it’s all incorporated.
- Great on day one better on day two.
- Splash of hot sauce is up to you!
© Texas Butter®
➕ Last 12 Recipes
If you don’t have any Texas Butter I guess we’ll overlook it if you use what’s in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much other than what my browser flags. Well, in general I can’t spell worth a crap. Thanks – Shawn
➕ Product Used