- 1 pound ground meat
- 2 tbsp mayo or mayonnaise
- 1 tomato
- 1 purple onion
- 1 head of lettuce
- 1 pack of buns
- ½ tbsp salt
- ½ tbsp pepper
- 1 pack American sliced cheese yellow or white
- 1 tbsp Smoked hot sauce
- Mix salt and pepper in ground meat. I don’t “mush” too much because it makes the burger grind fine. I like burgers with a coarse grind. This is totally up to you.
- Heat your pan to medium.
- Spray some non stick stuff (optional by helpful).
- Make your patties. In this image is about a hand full.
- Place in hot pan for 4 minutes and flip for another 4 minutes.
Done-ness is up to you but when you see clear juices (fat) running out you’ll know the burger is medium. If you use a thermometer get the temp to 160 for well done. If I use a thermometer (I don’t) I get it to 150 internal.
- Drop on cheese while warm if using.
- Pour out any grease in your burger pan and put back on burner.
- Place both sides of bun face down in pan until toasty. There should be enough leftover grease in pan you don’t need to butter buns. But you can!
- Spread mayo on top half of bun.
- Slice your tomatoes and onions up.
- Pull a large pretty leaf of lettuce and wash.
- From bottom to top. Bun, burger meat, lettuce, tomato, pinch of salt, and lastly plop of Smoked.
See red oozing out of the meat it is not ready and you may need to reduce heat to keep from burning. If you don’t know what your ground has been through always cook to 160 degrees.
About The Recipes:
Hay yall! Don’t be afraid to adjust ingredients to your taste. None of these recipes came from a written measured recipe. They are made and noted on the fly. If you don't have any Texas Butter I guess we'll overlook it if you use what's in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much. Well, in general I can't spell worth a crap. Will hashtag recipes that match a search here and the same hashtag in the Instagram's image comments. Hashtags will look something like #txbut001. In a nut shell these are made for:
- Product testing
- Requested site feature
- Speed and cost matter
- We eat our own dog food
- Ideas for products
- Shawn gots hungry
- Couple three birds, one stone...
Thanks - Shawn