Tendie Bacon PillowsInstagram #txbut005
Chicken tenders rubbed in Texas Butter Biddy and wrapped in bacon accompanied with an avocado dip that surprised us all.
- 1 pack Chicken Tenderloin 6-8
- 2 tbsp Biddy
- 6-8 strips Bacon
- 1 pinch Salt
- 2 tbsp Heavy Cream
- 2 tbsp Sour Cream or Irish Salsa
- 1 Avocado
- 1/4 cup Blue Cheese
Cut the white tendon out about an inch up.
- I don't mess around with trying to hold it to remove tendon.
- Just cut straight down on both sides of tendon then parallel to remove. You'll have a rectangle in the fat part of tendie
Just my preference but if you have slick side up usually there is a semi transparent film (don't know what it's called). I pull that off, it's slight but I can tell when it's there when eating. It's not as gross as the tendon.
- I season with our stuff Biddy but whatever tickles you fancy. It's got bacon.
- Let go to room temp.
If it's thick I will roll it on cutting board with a jar. This will get the bacon crispier but not necessary.
Start bacon wrap at fat side of tendie and roll like candy cane slightly overlapping.
- I lay bacon on board and roll tendies like a cubano cigar.
- When wrapped sometimes I will pin end of bacon w/ toothpick in at an angle.
You can also lay the pillow down so that the end is on bottom to avoid toothpicks.
If you want you can roll in your favorite pepper. Either or is great.
- I like to cook long on charcoal to side of heat. Your setup will vary.
A solid temp in oven is 350 for 30 minutes. Check bacon done-ness and flip if if you want all around crispy. In my oven it will be another 15 to 20 minutes.
If you are using Irish Salsa skip the sour cream
- In bowl smash avocado as much as you can with pinch of salt.
- Add heavy and sour cream.
- Whip until you get desired consistency.
- Stir in Blue Cheese.
- I make sauce while pillows are cooking.
We normally cook long on charcoal to side of heat. Your setup will vary.
Blue Cheese crumbled to your perfect size. We do about 1/4" or smaller.
About The Recipes:
Hay yall! Don’t be afraid to adjust ingredients to your taste. None of these recipes came from a written measured recipe. They are made and noted on the fly. If you don't have any Texas Butter I guess we'll overlook it if you use what's in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much. Well, in general I can't spell worth a crap. Will hashtag recipes that match a search here and the same hashtag in the Instagram's image comments. Hashtags will look something like #txbut001. In a nut shell these are made for:
- Product testing
- Requested site feature
- Speed and cost matter
- We eat our own dog food
- Ideas for products
- Shawn gots hungry
- Couple three birds, one stone...
Thanks - Shawn