Barbacoa Shrimp Tacos
- 3 lb beef cheek (or chuck roast)
- 3 tbs Dawgs Bark
- 1 tbs cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1 cup onion (diced = 1 onion)
- 4 tsp garlic (crushed = 4 cloves)
- 12 oz corn tortilla
- 1 lb shrimp (cleaned)
- 2 tsp Cottonmouth
- 2 tsp garlic (crushed = 2 cloves)
- 2 tbs butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 oz sour cream
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 oz jalapeno (de-seeded for low heat)
- 4 tbs Cluck (seasoning)
- 1 pinch salt to taste
- Meat on the bottom, add all the “Barbacoa Fill” meat, cumin, cayenne, onion, garlic, and Dawgs Bark to a Pyrex or make an aluminum foil container (double up on the foil)
- Bake or smoke? If baking, close your barbacoa up to retain moisture. If smoking, leave top open and smoke for the first 2 hours then close up your barbacoa package.
- Cook at 245 degrees for 7 hours.
- At 7 hours pull your barbacoa from the heat. Take meat out of the container, retain juices, remove heavy fat, and shred.
- Add the shredded meat back to the container wrapped up. Place back in the smoker or oven at 245 degrees for an additional 4 hours. This part of the process will condense the flavors, make the meat extra tender, and irresistible.
- Pull from heat and let room temp rest.
- In a medium heated pan 325-350
- Add butter, garlic, Cottonmouth, and salt.
- Cook for about 2 minutes then add shrimp and salt.
- Cook shrimp about 2 minutes per side or 5 minutes while stirring.
- Pull from heat and set aside
Cilantro Sauce Build
- Add all the ingredients in “Cilantro Sauce” sour cream, cilantro, jalapeno, and Cluck to a blender.
- Blend well for about 2 minutes.
- Heat a pan and toast each corn tortilla you plan on eating.
- Tortilla in hand, simply add about 3 ounces of barbacoa, 2-3 shrimp, and drizzle some of the sauce.
© Texas Butter®
➕ Last 12 Recipes
If you don’t have any Texas Butter I guess we’ll overlook it if you use what’s in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much other than what my browser flags. Well, in general I can’t spell worth a crap. Thanks – Shawn
➕ Product Used