Beef Taco SaladInstagram #txbut020
Beef Taco Salad
Every now and then I crave a taco salad because it is soul food to me. Taco salads you see out in the wild aren’t taco salad to me probably because my way is not what’s normal.. This salad is very easy to make and open for more ingredients you’d like to add. This salad doesn’t have it but I usually will cook a can of Ranch style beans in the taco meat. If you like beans in your chili this is your opportunity to make greatness.
Course: Main Course, Salad
Taco Meat Parts
- 1 pound ground beef
- ¼ cup Taco Dust
- ¼ cup water
- 1 can Ranch Style beans drained optional
Taco Salad Salad Misc Parts
- 1 head of lettuce
- 1 avocado
- 1 tomato
- 1 bag shredded Mexican Cheese what you like
- 1 ounce Uglyade
- 1 dash salt and fresh cracked pepper
Make Taco Meat
- In a medium high heat pan brown meat. I like to cook the piss out of it to get mass fat out.
- Once cooked put meat in strainer. You can either let it drain naturally or take a saucer and put on top of meat and push down to squish out fat.
- Put meat back in pan and stir in Taco Dust and water. Cook an additional 2-3 minutes. If using beans add them drained now too.
- Turn off heat and set taco meat aside.
Taco Salad Construction
- Take your head of lettuce and tear off enough leaves to make your salad be it 1,2,3 or 4 people. Place on plate or in bowl.
- Depending on your salad size drop about ½ cup taco meat over lettuce. I like hot meat on salad because it wilts the leaves. This is just a preference but important to me. 😉
- Dice up your tomato and avocado and put desired amount on salad.
- Bam! a dash of salt and pepper.
- Pour Uglyade over salad. Any dressing can be used as an alternative to Uglyade. What I used as a child was Italian dressing.
- Sprinkle some shredded cheese and you salad is ready to go.
About The Recipes:
- Made for product testing
- Most requested site feature
- Speed and cost matter
- We eat our own dog food
- Ideas for our products
- Shawn gots hungry
Hay yall! Don’t be afraid to adjust ingredients to your taste. None of these recipes came from a written measured recipe and are made on the fly. If you don't have any Texas Butter I guess we'll overlook it if you use what's in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much and translated voice to text. Will hashtag recipes that match a search here and the same hashtag in the Instagram's image comments. Hashtags will look something like #txbut001. Thanks - Shawn