Diet Free Chicken Salad
- 11 oz chicken breast (='s 2)
- ½ cup celery ( cut into ¼” cubes or smaller)
- 4 oz bacon (='s 4 slices chopped or crumbled)
- ¼ cup green onions ( cut ¼”)
- ½ cup grapes (best available cut in half and deseeded if required)
- ¾ cup mayonnaise ( or mayo)
- 4 tsp garlic (='s 4 cloves, rough chopped)
- 2 tbs Cottonmouth
- 1/4 tsp salt (to taste)
- ½ cup corn (grilled , optional)
- 12 oz sourdough buns ( or ciabatta type.)
- 1/2 oz lettuce
- Get a pan to medium heat and whatever grill you're using to medium high.
- Sprinkle Cottonmouth all over chicken breast. I did a pretty heavy coat.
- Since the chicken breast are thin fillets we’ll grill hotter and inside will cook through.
- So throw chicken breast on grill and cook each side. Mine took 5 minutes per side and they had dark grill marks. Your time will vary just lift a breast to see how the under side is doing and flip if needed.
- When chicken’s done pull and let cool on counter
- Chunk bacon in pan and cook until almost crunchy.
- Before pulling bacon throw in garlic and fry it in bacon grease. (with bacon)
- Drain bacon garlic mixture in a metal strainer. Let cool.
- Cut into cubes or shred.
- In a large bowl mix chicken, celery, green onion, corn, grapes, and mayonnaise. Salt IF needed.
- Crumble bacon garlic in bowl with hands. If your bacon isn’t crumble crispy just chop it up and throw in.
- Mix everything well and technically you be done!
- In the bacon pan put a little butter in it and grill both sides of your bun.
- Make your sammie. Chomp!
➕ Last 12 Recipes
If you don’t have any Texas Butter I guess we’ll overlook it if you use what’s in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much other than what my browser flags. Well, in general I can’t spell worth a crap. Thanks – Shawn