Diet Free Chicken SaladInstagram #txbut078
This isn’t a chicken salad sammie built with losing weight in mind. Actually none of these recipes are. Was BS'ing with a friend about wants in potato and tuna salad and she mentioned using boiled eggs in her chicken salad. Wut, I don’t know bout boiled egg in chicken salad... I was watching Yan Can Cook when I was around 10 years old and he said never mix eggs with chicken because it was taboo or something like that. Well, it stuck in my head and didn’t start here. You want boiled eggs in this go ahead and add them. I think the combo below is perfect and contains no voodoo stuff. 😂
- 2 chicken breast fillet into 4 pieces
- ½ cup celery cut into ¼” cubes or smaller
- 4 slices of bacon
- ¼ cup green onions cut ¼”
- ½ cup grapes best available cut in half and deseeded if required
- ¾ cup mayonnaise or mayo
- 4 garlic cloves rough chopped
- 2 tbs Cottonmouth
- Dash of salt
- ½ cup grilled corn optional
- Sourdough buns or ciabatta type.
- Piece of lettuce
- Get a pan to medium heat and whatever grill you're using to medium high.
- Sprinkle Cottonmouth all over chicken breast. I did a pretty heavy coat.
- Since the chicken breast are thin fillets we’ll grill hotter and inside will cook through.
- So throw chicken breast on grill and cook each side. Mine took 5 minutes per side and they had dark grill marks. Your time will vary just lift a breast to see how the under side is doing and flip if needed.
- When chicken’s done pull and let cool on counter
- Chunk bacon in pan and cook until almost crunchy.
- Before pulling bacon throw in garlic and fry it in bacon grease. (with bacon)
- Drain bacon garlic mixture in a metal strainer. Let cool.
- Cut into cubes or shred.
- In a large bowl mix chicken, celery, green onion, corn, grapes, and mayonnaise.
- Crumble bacon garlic in bowl with hands. If your bacon isn’t crumble crispy just chop it up and throw in.
- Mix everything well and technically you be done!
- In the bacon pan put a little butter in it and grill both sides of your bun.
- Make your sammie. Chomp!
About The Recipes:
Hay yall! Don’t be afraid to adjust ingredients to your taste. None of these recipes came from a written measured recipe. They are made and noted on the fly. If you don't have any Texas Butter I guess we'll overlook it if you use what's in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much. Well, in general I can't spell worth a crap. Will hashtag recipes that match a search here and the same hashtag in the Instagram's image comments. Hashtags will look something like #txbut001. In a nut shell these are made for:
- Product testing
- Requested site feature
- Speed and cost matter
- We eat our own dog food
- Ideas for products
- Shawn gots hungry
- Couple three birds, one stone...
Thanks - Shawn