- 1/4 cup grits
- 1 cup water
- 1 oz cheese (cheddar, colby..)
- 3 oz shrimp (= cleaned 6+ lg. about 1/4 lb)
- 1 tbs butter
- 1/2 tsp Cottonmouth
- 1/4 salt (just a dash)
- Sprinkle Cottonmouth all over shrimp. You can use what Cajun blend you have in your pantry, ugg..
- Get a pan up to medium heat.
- Slice 4 to 5 thin pieces of cheese by hand from end of regular ole cheese block. About 3/16 thick and 1”x2” rectangles. This way will keep cheese and grits from completely incorporating. Shredded is fine too.
- Drop in butter a swirl till it melts.
- Drop shrimp in butter and cook both sides about 3 minutes or until not translucent. Turn off heat.
- Combine grits, water and salt in a bowl and microwave for 3 minutes 30 seconds.
- When are finished place cheese over top and stir into the hot grits.
- Pour shrimp and butter on cheesed grits bowl then mix in.
- Garnish and tear it up!
© Texas Butter®
➕ Last 12 Recipes
If you don’t have any Texas Butter I guess we’ll overlook it if you use what’s in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much other than what my browser flags. Well, in general I can’t spell worth a crap. Thanks – Shawn
➕ Product Used