Mega MeatbawlInstagram #txbut013
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 bag grated parmigiano cheese
- 1 mozzarella cheese 1 - 1/12 inch cubes
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 4 thin sliced cloves garlic crushed works too
- ¼ cup chopped basil
- 2 eggs
- ½ tbsp salt
- ½ tbsp pepper
- 6 roma tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tbsp salt
- 1 box angel hair pasta
- 1 loaf french bread
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ tbsp chopped parsley
- In a large bowl add all of the “Meatball Parts”.
- Mix well with hands. When making hamburgers you mix less with these meatballs you mix to where the mixture is almost pasty.
- Make your meatballs with hands about the size of a softball. Feel free to make much smaller balls, this mixture will net 20-25 smaller balls.
- Push cube of mozzarella into center of meatball.
- Place a rack on a cookie sheet then meatballs on top of rack.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes to an hour. Cheese will be oozing out when done like in image.
- In a pot big enough to house your tomatoes, boil water in it. About 4 cups of water plus tomatoes.
- Carefully drop tomatoes in boiling water for 1 minute.
- Carefully drain water.
- Using same pot on medium high heat drop in olive oil then tomatoes and salt.
- Break up and mix around pot until there is no tomatoes shapes.
- Pour in 1 cup of water and simmer for 46 minutes continuing to smash/stir.
- Boil pasta according to your box.
- Cut french bread in 4” pieces then cut long way in half.
- Butter both sides of bread and a dash of salt.
- Broil in oven for about 5 minutes until golden brown.
Plate and stack pasta, gravy, meatball, parmigiano, and a shot of Smoked hot sauce
- Drop in the french bread and confetti with parsley.
- Mangia! Mangia!
About The Recipes:
Hay yall! Don’t be afraid to adjust ingredients to your taste. None of these recipes came from a written measured recipe. They are made and noted on the fly. If you don't have any Texas Butter I guess we'll overlook it if you use what's in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much. Well, in general I can't spell worth a crap. Will hashtag recipes that match a search here and the same hashtag in the Instagram's image comments. Hashtags will look something like #txbut001. In a nut shell these are made for:
- Product testing
- Requested site feature
- Speed and cost matter
- We eat our own dog food
- Ideas for products
- Shawn gots hungry
- Couple three birds, one stone...
Thanks - Shawn