Chicken and Andouille JambalayaInstagram #txbut084
Super good Jambalaya packed with trinity mainly onion, its flavor is awesome in here. I sliced the andouille long ways into 4 strips then cut cross ways matter fact, did the same to the celery. Cut them how you want I’m not gonna be there. I grilled the chicken tenders which gave a nice grilled flavor but it’s not necessary I’ve done this just pan frying the chicken and it’s still a top 5.
- 1 pack of chicken tenderloins. Mine had a total of 8 about 2lb
- ½ pound andouille sausage or a German sausage would be okay nothing sweet like brats.
- 2 medium white onions chopped into about ¼”
- 5 celery stalks cut long ways into 4 the crossways cubed-ish
- 2 bell peppers seeded and cut into ¼”
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 1 tbs Cottonmouth
- Enough rice to fit in one empty chicken broth can.
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Some butter to grease Pyrex
- Get your grill going or pan at medium high.
- Get the bird ready. I’ve written here somewhere before but I like my chicken tenders rubber band free. Which means I cut long ways along each side of the white tendon. About 2” up then cut out. Then I pull the translucent membrane off.
- Wash off chicken, dry, and throw in a bowl with Cottonmouth. Mix it up.
- Throw chicken and sausage on grill or put some olive oil in pan and drop chicken with cut sausage.
- Cook for about 3 minute each side or until both sides are golden brown. Remove to a bowl.
- If grilling get a pan going to medium heat otherwise reduce chicken pan heat to medium heat.
- Pour in a couple tablespoons of olive oil and dump in onions, celery, bell peppers.
- Dash of salt and pepper and continue stirring until veggies turn translucent.
- Turn oven onto 350 degrees.
- Rub a light coat of butter all over inside of Pyrex.
- Drop chicken and sausage in Pyrex and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the rice over chicken evenly then put the veggies over that.
- Pour the chicken broth in and cover Pyrex with aluminum foil.
- Place in oven at 350 for 45 minutes.
- Check for done and pull. If rice looks like a deveined shrimp it’s ready.
- I usually put Smoked on this but any simple hot sauce will do. Really it doesn't need any sauce. You’ll see 😉 Enjoy!
About The Recipes:
Hay yall! Don’t be afraid to adjust ingredients to your taste. None of these recipes came from a written measured recipe. They are made and noted on the fly. If you don't have any Texas Butter I guess we'll overlook it if you use what's in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much. Well, in general I can't spell worth a crap. Will hashtag recipes that match a search here and the same hashtag in the Instagram's image comments. Hashtags will look something like #txbut001. In a nut shell these are made for:
- Product testing
- Requested site feature
- Speed and cost matter
- We eat our own dog food
- Ideas for products
- Shawn gots hungry
- Couple three birds, one stone...
Thanks - Shawn