Honey Spiked Chicken WangsInstagram #txbut079
- 1 pound of chicken wings. More if you need them
- ½ cup PepperBee
- 1 dash of salt.
- 1 bag of tater tots
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup flour
- 4 tbs bacon grease or olive oil or butter
- 1 oz milk about This is for thinning
- 1 ounce pico de gio that’s optional
- Start oven to 350 and get a pan temp to medium heat.
- Clean chicken wings under cold water, pat dry, and throw on bowl.
- Pour PepperBee over chicken wings, dash with salt, and mix well.
- On a foil covered cookie sheet and a grate on that, place all the wings evenly on grate.
- Put wings in oven and start timer for 45 minutes then check until wings are golden brown. Juices should be running clear or the bird is not cooked.
- In pan, drop in bacon grease swirl around til it covers bottom of pan.
- Drop flour in grease and whisk around until smooth.
- Continue whisking for about 2 minutes. I went for a light color. You could go darker for a nuttier taste.
- Now add the cheese and milk and start whisking in. Add more milk for thin and less for not so thin.
- I happened to have some pico de gio so it was added. Yeah it was good but the redneck bechamel doesn’t need help on it’s own.
- The tater tots called for 15min at 425 (check your bag). So I put the in the oven when there was 15 minutes left on the bird. Since the wings were at 350 I should have added the tots when there was about 30 minutes of wing time left.
- Either way you’ll need to check up on the tater tots while cooking and use your good eye to determine when they are crispy yum.
- Plate it all up! Pour the redneck bechamel over tots and some garnish you like. I didn’t use any sauces like ranch or blue cheese because this was just for testing PB.
About The Recipes:
Hay yall! Don’t be afraid to adjust ingredients to your taste. None of these recipes came from a written measured recipe. They are made and noted on the fly. If you don't have any Texas Butter I guess we'll overlook it if you use what's in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much. Well, in general I can't spell worth a crap. Will hashtag recipes that match a search here and the same hashtag in the Instagram's image comments. Hashtags will look something like #txbut001. In a nut shell these are made for:
- Product testing
- Requested site feature
- Speed and cost matter
- We eat our own dog food
- Ideas for products
- Shawn gots hungry
- Couple three birds, one stone...
Thanks - Shawn