Nachos El Grande
Taco Queso Meat
- 1 pound ground beef
- ¼ cup Taco Dust
- 1 cup Velveeta
- 1 cup water
- 1 ounce milk
- 1 oz bell pepper (diced, Any color but green)
- 1 oz jalapeno (='s 1/2 diced de-seeded for less heat)
- ¼ cup tomato diced (ripest you can find)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- ¼ cup Scorched
- 8 oz sour cream
- 12 oz white tortilla corn chips (Hands down Calidad are my fav. Hope you can get them)
Taco Meat Production
- If you are using your own premade Taco meat skip to #6
- In your med heat pan cook ground beef to brown. I take it a little further to get crispy pieces too.
- Drain off fat in a metal strainer over sink. You can push the meat down with a small plate or object to squeeze out some extra fat.
- Once drained put meat back in pan on medium high, add 1 cup water, and ¼ cup Taco Dust. You can turn up the boldness of the seasoning buy adding more Taco Dust. ½ cup is our max for 1 pound of meat.
- Simmer for a few minutes and take off heat.
- Now, depending on your number of eaters 1 pound of ground beef will get about 2 cups. This recipe was made with 1 cup beef. I’m doing as if you are using 2 cups beef because the leftover is great over a morning omelet and you likely are cooking with someone.
- Velveeta is measured in ounces and we need 1 cup worth. That would mean cut off 8 ounces worth and dice the Velveeta up. I get the dice as small as possible because when microwaving it melts down quicker.
- Throw Velveeta and milk in a bowl and microwave in 45 second intervals stirring and keeping an eye on until a liquid smooth texture. Careful because towards the end of heating the Velveeta it will bubble over. Stop the microwave if you see this starting.
- Once you got the these cheese creamy drop the meat in the bowl and mix up.
- Throw the diced bell pepper, tomato, jalapeno, and dash of salt in a bowl.
- Mix them up. The salt will bring out the veggies flavors.
- From bottom up. Place chips on plate or platter. Try to spread out as much as you can so most the chips get meat/cheese love.
- Pour as little or as much as you want of the meat cheese mixture over chips. I don’t hit it too hard I’d say that’s ¼ cup of the mixture.
- Sprinkle you diced veggie mixture over top.
- Dab 4 or 5 tablespoons of sour cream in your perfect positioning. Make a smiley face if ya want.
- Dab 4 or 5 tablespoons of Scorched around the top.
- Get after it. The longer you wait the hungri-er you get.
© Texas Butter®
➕ Last 12 Recipes
Hay yall! Don’t be afraid to adjust or substitute ingredients to your taste. These recipes didn’t come from a written measured recipe. They are made, noted, measured on the fly, then pumped up here when time permits and most importantly only if they tasted good.
If you don’t have any Texas Butter I guess we’ll overlook it if you use what’s in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much other than what my browser flags. Well, in general I can’t spell worth a crap. Thanks – Shawn