Foghorn Leghorn Enchiladas "It's a joke son!"
- 1 pound chicken thighs (deboned )
- 3 tbsp Biddy
- 12 ounce tomatillo (verde, sauce)
- 12 ounce monterey shredded cheese. ((2 cups))
- 8 ounce cream cheese
- 8 ounce queso fresco
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 3 oz bacon (thick cut cooked (optional))
- 2 tbsp white onion (super minced )
- 4 tbsp purple onion (thin sliced)
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 ounce black olives (sliced (can))
- 5 oz avocado (='s 1 avo sliced )
- 1/4 tsp salt (to taste)
- 25 oz tortillas (='s 1 bag)
One Shot Build
- Sprinkle a pretty good coat of Biddy all over chicken. You can rub in or use your own seasoning, whatevs. Heat your oven to 350.
- Medium heat cast iron grill pan. Hot pan cold food prevents sticking but go ahead and spray pan with nonstick spray. Easier clean up…
- Drop in your chicken and do 4 flips at every 4 minutes. Visual, timers, and a thermometer will help a lot. To stay safe the inside of bird meat needs to reach 165 degrees. Personally I peg it to 170. If the meat outside is going burn before the internal temp is met turn down heat and plan on finishing out in oven. You can also be dirty and microwave bird to get to your temp. Microwaves cook inside to out.
- Once cooked slice into strips and set aside.
- In a bowl add queso fresco, sour cream, finely minced onion, cilantro (save a dash), ¼ “ cut bacon (save a few pieces), and a dash of salt for luck.
- Mix with hands well.
- In a small bowl add remaining bacon, cilantro, olive oil, red wine vinegar, and light dash of salt. Mix well.
- Rub some butter on the bottom of pyrex.
- Take a tortilla in hand and plop three 1 ½ inch enchilada stuffing in your chilada. Regular size spoon 1 2 3, you may need to adjust depending on size of tortilla.
- Lay 2 strips of chicken down chilada, then lay 2 more.
- Roll best you can and place enchilada in Pyrex seam side down. You may have to subtract from chilada if it’s not completing the circle.
- Pour 12 ounce verde sauce all over the enchiladas.
- Cover will all the monterey cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- Pull aluminum foil and bake for 15 more minutes.
- Let cool and serve.
- Sprinkle some black olive and your red wine onion mixture over top. (optional)
- These, like lasagna to me are better next day. Serve right out of oven like above image can be messy. Normally I’d at least wait for finger temps to serve.
© Texas Butter®
➕ Last 12 Recipes
Hay yall! Don’t be afraid to adjust or substitute ingredients to your taste. These recipes didn’t come from a written measured recipe. They are made, noted, measured on the fly, then pumped up here when time permits and most importantly only if they tasted good.
If you don’t have any Texas Butter I guess we’ll overlook it if you use what’s in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much other than what my browser flags. Well, in general I can’t spell worth a crap. Thanks – Shawn