Supreme Tuna Sandwich
- 10 oz tuna (='s 2 cans, packed in olive oil)
- 6 oz egg (='s 3 eggs, boiled rough chopped)
- 4 oz bacon (='s 4 slices)
- 2 oz celery (='s 1 rib, fine diced)
- 2 oz mayonnaise
- 1 oz mustard (your favorite)
- 1 oz jalapeno (='s 1/2 jalapeno fine diced)
- 1 oz onion (='s 1 slice fine diced)
- 2 tbs Cluck
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup lettuce (leaves optional)
- 12 oz buns (what's available optional)
- 9 oz potato chips (optional)
- 5 oz dip (your favorite optional)
- Lets get this tuna salad started. The time taker in this one is boiling the eggs.
- Fill a pot 3/4's up with cold room temp water.
- Place on stove and the eggs in water carefully.
- Turn stove on to medium heat for about 5 minutes. We're trying to get eggs up to temp slowly so they don't crack.
- Turn heat up to high (boil).
- Boil eggs for 10 minutes.
- Pull from heat and flush with cold tap water for about five minutes. whew
- All the recipes that have bacon were cooked in oven. Today this will likely change.
- Lay strips of bacon on microwave safe plate and cover with paper towels of one of them microwave cover things.
- Cook bacon on high for 2 minutes, check, cook for 1 minute, check, and repeat at 1 minute intervals until you get your perfect crispness. Drain and set aside.
- Eggs should be cool enough. Peel and rough chop them.
- You can press out the olive oil in tuna. I did not. In a large bowl add Cluck and tuna to break up large pieces of tuna.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the last 4 "optional" ones.
- Mix up your tuna salad well and set aside.
- Toast or grill your bread faces and start stacking!
➕ Last 12 Recipes
Hay yall! Don’t be afraid to adjust or substitute ingredients to your taste. These recipes didn’t come from a written measured recipe. They are made, noted, measured on the fly, then pumped up here when time permits and most importantly only if they tasted good.
If you don’t have any Texas Butter I guess we’ll overlook it if you use what’s in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much other than what my browser flags. Well, in general I can’t spell worth a crap. Thanks – Shawn
➕ Product Used