Taco Dog Parts
- 1 pound ground beef
- ¼ cup Taco Dust
- 2 oz egg (='s 1 egg beaten )
- ½ cup bread crumbs
Taco Dog Cook
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. You can grill these but it’s hard if using regular grate. A mesh type grate would work well, great!
- Mix all of the ingredients well in a bowl.
- Roll your “dogs” on cutting board about 1 inch diameter and as long as your bread. You may need to add or subtract and roll to make as tight as possible.
- Spray aluminum foil covered cookie sheet with non-stick stuff.
- Place taco dogs on cookie sheet and then in oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes and check. If done pull if not go another 15 minutes. Those went an hour.
Taco Dog Build
- In a bowl heat Velveeta, 1 tbsp Taco Dust, and milk until liquidy. I had leftover taco meat seasoned with Taco Dust so used that. Use whatever makes your queso great.
- Cut the tops out of bread to make a pocket for your taco dogs. If your bread isn’t fresh I would bake in oven for a few minutes to bring it back to freshness.
- From bottom to top: bread, taco dog, avocado slices, Scorched, sour cream, and poor queso over top.
- The amounts of toppings are up to you. I forgot to add jalapeno slices and black olives so anything goes when building these.
- Pretty quick and clean!
© Texas Butter®
➕ Last 12 Recipes
Hay yall! Don’t be afraid to adjust or substitute ingredients to your taste. These recipes didn’t come from a written measured recipe. They are made, noted, measured on the fly, then pumped up here when time permits and most importantly only if they tasted good.
If you don’t have any Texas Butter I guess we’ll overlook it if you use what’s in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much other than what my browser flags. Well, in general I can’t spell worth a crap. Thanks – Shawn