Taco DogsInstagram #txbut055
- 1 pound ground beef
- ¼ cup Taco Dust
- 1 beaten egg
- ½ cup bread crumbs. Italian or not.
- Torta or French bread loafs. About 5-6 inches long.
- ¼ cup Velveeta cheese
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup Scorched salsa
- 1 tbsp of taco dust or Scorched or taco meat
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. You can grill these but it’s hard if using regular grate. A mesh type grate would work well, great!
- Mix all of the ingredients well in a bowl.
Roll your “dogs” on cutting board about 1 inch diameter and as long as your bread. You may need to add or subtract and roll to make as tight as possible.
- Spray aluminum foil covered cookie sheet with non-stick stuff.
- Place taco dogs on cookie sheet and then in oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes and check. If done pull if not go another 15 minutes. Those went an hour.
In a bowl heat Velveeta, 1 tbsp Taco Dust, and milk until liquidy. I had leftover taco meat seasoned with Taco Dust so used that. Use whatever makes your queso great.
- Cut the tops out of bread to make a pocket for your taco dogs. If your bread isn’t fresh I would bake in oven for a few minutes to bring it back to freshness.
- From bottom to top: bread, taco dog, avocado slices, Scorched, sour cream, and poor queso over top.
- The amounts of toppings are up to you. I forgot to add jalapeno slices and black olives so anything goes when building these.
- Pretty quick and clean!
About The Recipes:
Hay yall! Don’t be afraid to adjust ingredients to your taste. None of these recipes came from a written measured recipe. They are made and noted on the fly. If you don't have any Texas Butter I guess we'll overlook it if you use what's in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much. Well, in general I can't spell worth a crap. Will hashtag recipes that match a search here and the same hashtag in the Instagram's image comments. Hashtags will look something like #txbut001. In a nut shell these are made for:
- Product testing
- Requested site feature
- Speed and cost matter
- We eat our own dog food
- Ideas for products
- Shawn gots hungry
- Couple three birds, one stone...
Thanks - Shawn