Taco DogsInstagram #txbut055
- 1 pound ground beef
- ¼ cup Taco Dust
- 1 beaten egg
- ½ cup bread crumbs. Italian or not.
- Torta or French bread loafs. About 5-6 inches long.
- ¼ cup Velveeta cheese
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup Scorched salsa
- 1 tbsp of taco dust or Scorched or taco meat
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. You can grill these but it’s hard if using regular grate. A mesh type grate would work well, great!
- Mix all of the ingredients well in a bowl.
Roll your “dogs” on cutting board about 1 inch diameter and as long as your bread. You may need to add or subtract and roll to make as tight as possible.
- Spray aluminum foil covered cookie sheet with non-stick stuff.
- Place taco dogs on cookie sheet and then in oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes and check. If done pull if not go another 15 minutes. Those went an hour.
In a bowl heat Velveeta, 1 tbsp Taco Dust, and milk until liquidy. I had leftover taco meat seasoned with Taco Dust so used that. Use whatever makes your queso great.
- Cut the tops out of bread to make a pocket for your taco dogs. If your bread isn’t fresh I would bake in oven for a few minutes to bring it back to freshness.
- From bottom to top: bread, taco dog, avocado slices, Scorched, sour cream, and poor queso over top.
- The amounts of toppings are up to you. I forgot to add jalapeno slices and black olives so anything goes when building these.
- Pretty quick and clean!
About The Recipes:
- Made for product testing
- Most requested site feature
- Speed and cost matter
- We eat our own dog food
- Ideas for our products
- Shawn gots hungry